
I never realized how many information systems that I use in a day! Makes you wonder how we ever did without them. They make life so much easier, or do they?
My self personally, I like to speak to people over the phone or in person but in this day and age, information travels through the applications that we use electronically.
So I have learned to conform :) and use my computer to store information, surf the Internet and send email like everyone else. On a daily basis I use the following IS and their components.
I use my computer to do a variety of things. When using email, the hardware used is of course the computer. The software used is the application used for email, such as Microsoft outlook. The data would be the information within the mail message. The procedures used would be to select recipients, scan for viruses, add attachments and filter messages if necessary into folders or clean up your inbox of unneeded messages. And lastly the people involved would be myself and the recipients of my message.
When working on my homework I use the storage of my hardware (computer) to complete and save my assignments. The software I use is the Microsoft office programs (word and excel). Te data is my actual homework information (assignments, notes, etc). The procedures are my typing in the information, saving it and printing it if necessary. And lastly, the people involved would be myself and my study partners.
When I use my computer (hardware) to surf the Internet, I use the software called Internet explorer. The data is the web pages that I visit and their content. The procedures I use are to type information into the search box within the application and click on the sites that I wish to visit with my mouse (hardware). The people involved would be myself and the folk who helped to make the WWW and it's unlimited number of web pages.
Whew, that's a lot of info to describe lol. Using IS is something that we take for granted regularly. I'm glad I had the chance to sit down and actually examine how they work and how they are incorporated into my daily life.

No comments:
Post a Comment